Life and Times of a Future Superstar

Friday, December 09, 2005

Things I've been Reading & Listening to

Yesterday I went to book club. It was fun. We didn't just do book club, we also played a lot. I even played in the snow. It was at Alison and Jared's house, it always is. The book we did this time was called The Children of the Longhouse. It's about two kids that are brother and sister. They are twins. They are Native Americans and they play this weird game with sticks. At the end of the book they play the game and they were playing the old men against the young men. One of the old men wanted to play but he was too old and weak. So he picked the brother, Ohkwa'ri, to play in his place. His sister, Otsi:stia, was worried about him so she had their grandmother paint a picture of a bat and squirrel on their foreheads so that it would be like they were together. It worked. It really was like they were together when he played the weird game. In the middle of the game, Grabber, a bully, fell down and broke his leg. Ohkwa'ri was really nice to him even though they didn't really like each other. Ohkwa'ri was worried about him though. He thought he might not walk again or even die. But he turned out okay and he walked again. The funny part though was when Grabber fell in a feint when the guy fixed his leg.

I've also been doing other stuff, like listening to a book tape. It's called Inkheart. It's about this kid called Meggie whose dad is named Mo and this guy who Mo read out of a book called Capricorn, and Basta, and Dustfinger. Capricorn is evil. Basta works for him. He is like a slave. We haven't decided whether Dustfinger is a good guy or a bad guy. We are really suspicious about it though. Mo doesn't trust him at all. I like Inkheart so far. It's really long. We are almost to the 7th tape and it has 10.

Well, I like all the books I've been reading and book tapes. Good night. Goodbye. The End.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh goodie!!
some thoughts posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home